Following is a non-exhaustive list of my IT and business competencies. For more skills and competencies, please see the Career page and the ‘Skills’ section of my résumé (available from the Career menu above).
Do you spend more time on things than you should? Do you wish you could get more things done in a day?
- The Pomodoro Technique is one of many techniques to increase focus, efficiency, and satisfactory work output.
- Time Trackers- I’ve tested numerous applications that track the time you spend on different activities while on your mobile phone or your office phone, while browsing the web, or using different applications on your computer. This data provides great insight into how you spend your time and how you might change behaviors to increase productivity. Ask me what apps I recommend!
Do you feel bogged down at work? Do you survive on coffee throughout the day? Do you feel sluggish after lunch? Does your body ache at the end of every day? Below are some links/info, in no specific order, which I’ve collected over the years dealing with a herniated disk.
- There are a number of techniques you can employ to battle office fatigue and countless products to help. Have you ever seen a computer mouse or keyboard like these? These products help thousands in battling carpal tunnel and general strain. In addition to products like these, diet and exercise play a substantial role in helping you feel as you should throughout the work day.
- Many standing desks are cost-prohibitive. I haven’t reviewed this company’s products yet, but was referred to http://www.varidesk.com.
- When people get out of bed, many do it in such a way that puts undue stress on spine/neck/etc. Instead, try rolling out of bed by gently throwing your innermost leg over your outermost leg towards the floor to create a gentle inertia which the rest of your body naturally will follow. Complete the activity by pushing off the bed with your hands, if necessary.
- Never use force (incl. twisting your back/spine left/right) to crack your joints. Instead, try one of these methods:
- Method 1: 1) lay down on a bed face-up 2) gently lift your left innermost leg over your outermost leg and down towards the floor 3) lightly stretch your innermost arm in the opposite direction of your innermost leg (pointing away from the bed’s edge).
- Method 2: For herniated disks in the neck, 1) place your hands on either side of your head, 2) point your head slightly upwards at the ceiling, and 3) pull upwards on your head lightly.
- To help improve lumbar support and core posture at the desk, consider using a rolled up towel placed between your lower back and the lumbar support of your chair.
- 20:20:20 – Every 20 minutes, look at something 20+ ft away for 20+ seconds.
- Proper ergonomic posture at the desk
- Two cervical neck traction devices that I’ve tried. (No- these are not medieval torture devices.)
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Policy Documentation
- Procedure Documentation
- Registering your domain
- Setting up hosting
- Setting up your own email address(es)
- Installing a Content Management System (ex: WordPress, Drupal, Joomla),
- Uploading and configuring your theme
- Uploading your content