After receiving a B.S. in Business Information Systems from Lehigh in 2007, Peter worked for Ernst & Young in Manhattan as a Data Analyst/ IT Auditor performing data analyses, data mining and manipulation, vendor payment optimizations, IT SOX audits, and IT security reviews.
Peter then worked as Senior Operations Executive for JOE GREEN Home Solutions, a startup energy audit firm in Salem, Massachusetts performing operations, marketing, public relations, finance, and IT functions.
In mid-2012, Peter started a consultancy providing IT and business services including business analysis and strategy, business process optimization, e-commerce strategy, web development, SEO/SMO, database design, CRM/ERP selection and configuration, information security, and data analysis.
Review notes from past clients define Peter as an ‘intellectual powerhouse’ and a ‘true professional’ with strengths in clear and effective communication, in being resourceful and a self-starter, and in having a ‘genuine interest in complete customer satisfaction’. Additional feedback highlights Peter’s uncanny ‘ability to zoom in and out’ of different business processes, ‘whether business, technical, or operational, and [improve] them to cut costs and reduce the time needed to complete.’
Armed with a solid background in information technology and business, Peter is highly equipped to perform a multitude of functions. Peter’s experience across a wide range of industries and his exposure to numerous business models has augmented his ability to analyze complex business problems and implement effective solutions.
- Developed advanced SQL Stored Procedures and Excel macro to automate the quarterly SOX User Access Recertification. Reduced average execution time from 2 days to 3 hours. Transferred knowledge and responsibility for enumerating new user access to OSD team through the creation of procedure document, training, and mock exercises with team members to ensure successful transfer of process ownership and proper use of automated tools to ensure accurate identification of new SQL/Oracle access created over the past quarter.
- Created automated tool to enable managers to look up access request tickets and corresponding approval evidence. After the user uploads a list of usernames and systems via PHP webpage, the tool returns the corresponding Service-Now request item numbers and approval evidence links. Prior to the creation of the tool, users had to manually enter each username/system combination one at a time and click through multiple links to acquire the information required by audit. The tool allows the user to perform an automatic search of multiple users simultaneously.
- Analyzed SQL DBA support tickets and reported statistics including time that tickets remain open and distribution of affected business services and core applications. Report results prompted the consolidation of AD Groups and other necessary access modifications.
- Performed User Access Recertification of critical business application to confirm properly applied policies, procedures, and workflows. For each user, conducted interviews to understand the business need for their access and assess whether access privileges were adequate. Resulting action included submittal of access modification requests in Service-Now to the Access Management team and confirmation that access was appropriately.
- In line with company drive for further integration of Service-Now, development proposals included form field additions, addition of intelligence such as dependent drop-down menus, automated reminders/notifications, and integration with Outlook.
- Created system access and request policies and procedures with impact for all systems and personnel.
- Created assessment guidelines and work instructions for generic/ shared accounts for inclusion in the corporate Master Policy Database. Work instructions included account enumeration and permissions listing, account owner identification, delineation of system vs. user accounts, documentation of the need for each generic account, its use, how the password is secured from unauthorized use, how often the password is changed, and how accountability is maintained.
- Reduced average time from RFQ to quote submission from 4 days to 2 days.
- Reduced daily time spent on business activities from 8 hours to 1 hour.
- Improved internal PCI Assessment Tool.
- Reduced time spent on weekly administrative tasks from 1.5 days to .5 days.
- Secured first bid rights to new jobs.
- Secured contract to weatherize Salem homes.
- Developed Pricing Tool for use in job cost estimations. Improved accuracy of job forecasting by 70%.
- Reduced time to perform residential energy audit from 2 hours to 1 hour.
- Developed relationship with the government of Salem, MA to establish Joe Green Home Solutions as the premier energy audit firm of Salem.
- Developed automated process using OCR technology to digitize client documents and perform random sample selection process reducing time needed from 2 days to 1 hour.
- Designed macros to automate client data file formatting and preparation for import into ACL, Excel, SQL databases. Reduced time needed from 1 hour to 15 minutes.
- Created automated DQA import/export, analysis, and visual reporting tools reducing timeframe from 5 days to 1 day.
- Wrote proposal for alternative housing for team reducing costs by $10K.
- Analyzed AP data for major law firm, WLRK, and optimized vendor payments for a savings of $1M per year.
- Designed enhanced SAP access configurations. Reduced time needed from 15 hours to 8 hours.
- Increased ‘units per hour’ output of medical test strips by 70%.
- Decreased the average time taken to reach the customers’ desired service option from 8 minutes to 1 minute.
- Reported fix suggestions to Tech Department. All suggestions have been implemented.
Peter did a fantastic job will under my employ at Joe Green. He is always able to see things in a bigger picture, and to work well with other colleagues to achieve any goal that is put in front of him. His communication skill are first rate, and it is always easy to give him direction, allow him to work with a team with little supervision, and trust that the task will be accomplished. Peter is also a very quick study, and can pick up difficult concepts very quickly. I highly recommend Peter, and I know that he will be successful no matter what he puts his mind to.
August 3, 2013, Chris managed Peter at Joe Green Home Solutions, Inc.
Peter’s ability to zoom in and out of a process, from a high-level overview down to the technical details of each step, gives him an advantage when it comes to process improvement. Peter has a knack for reviewing existing processes, whether business, technical, or operational, and improving them to cut costs and reduce the time needed to complete.
August 4, 2013, Shilpan worked directly with Peter at Protiviti (Robert Half International (RHI) subsidiary)
In a start-up environment employees are regularly asked to do things that do not necessarily fall under their job description. Peter was rarely asked to do something out of his job description because he took the initiative to do it first. A perfect example was when we were discussing the use of an open source CRM, the conversation resulted in decision to use vTiger CRM. The next day Peter had it up and running and by the end of the week he had it completely configured and working the way we wanted. We did not ask him to take it on, he just did. And it wasn’t like he just put it together he really understood it, which to me was really amazing because prior to the meeting he had not worked with anything like this, he read up on it, figured it out, implemented it, and then on top of all that became the resident expert, if you had a question about it he had the answer. I highly recommend Peter as a great addition to any team.
June 23, 2014, Vatche managed Peter indirectly at Joe Green Home Solutions, Inc.
Peter is a true professional and excellent IT consultant. His attention to detail and his genuine interest in complete customer satisfaction has led me to recommend and use his services more than once. He follows through on tasks, he provides clear project objectives, ensuring that those meet with the client’s goals and needs, and his excellent follow-up and communication skills make him stand out. It is a true pleasure to work with Peter and I recommend him to anyone looking for an IT professional!
May 27, 2014, Andrea worked directly with Peter at Process Efficiency Consulting Services
I have hired Peter twice over the past 5 years and I have come to find he is extraordinarily efficient and independent. Both times he proved adept at explaining the process in an accessible manner for someone without programing and software experience, as well as independent and timely in execution once the objectives were defined. It’s rare that you come across standout talent like Peter. I was particularly impressed by Peter’s ability to visualize different business processes and identify opportunities for streamlining and automation. His grasp of various technology processes and his analytical and strategic thinking made a dramatic difference in productivity levels after his improvements were implemented.
Peter is a proactive and tireless contributor who would be a true asset to any team. He initiated brainstorming sessions during meetings with his attention to detail and probing questions. His creative solutions were paramount to the improvements in process efficiency on both projects. As a creative thinker and effective team player, Peter is a pleasure to work with and has my full recommendation.
February 17, 2017, Ed was a client of Peter’s
Peter is one of the most innovative technical and data analysts I have ever worked with. He meets and exceeds delivery on the Ask and takes personal initiative to a whole new level. He is consistent, dependable, professional, and accommodating, exactly the person you want interfacing with users and stakeholders.
Peter had some free time and asked if there was anything he could do to help on a project I was leading. I was glad for his help on a Data Dictionary for a challenging situation. I explained what was needed, and why, and turned him loose.
He delivered what I asked for but when far beyond in finding data element definitions. In brief:
- He combined various source system definition files into one to make them easily searchable.
- He used an Excel “fuzzy search” add-in (I had no idea this even existed)
- He gave the definitions a confidence level “score” so we could focus our reviews and edits on more challenging terms
- He offered to create instructions so that others going forward could continue the data dictionary in future releases
One trait that I found extremely valuable was his patience. In our our periodic check-ins, he had to accommodate my busy travel and meeting schedule. His attitude was so refreshing, so kind and accommodating. What a wonderful addition he would make to any team!
Peter has my highest recommendation. He would help any organization succeed. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and would gladly work with him on any project going forward.
September 5, 2017, Teresa managed Peter directly
He is very professional, concise, he is great at documentation. One if his passions is that technical communication and he is fantastic. Peters biggest strength is his ambition and passion. He has multiple strengths but one you can’t replace is his passion for work and his professional goals are his hobbies, which is something that can take you further than some aptitudes can. Peter is knowledgeable and passionate about his chosen endeavors. I think he’d make a great addition to any place that can utilize his skill sets and ambitions.
Matthew McNallan – colleague during Peter’s role as IT Compliance Operations Analyst with DaVita Healthcare Partners
I was very satisfied with the work he did. He is great at mapping out processes and he is very sharp. His biggest strength is his analytical skills. Peter will always ask a question that you never thought to ask, he uncovers elements of the project that you may not have thought of. He asked a lot of intelligently inquisitive questions to figure out what my needs are.
Aaron Connell – client during Peter’s role as Senior Business Process Analyst with Process Efficiency Consulting Services
- In what capacity did you know this contingent worker? Worked together at Joe Green Home Solutions and then has stayed in touch and are friends.
- What do you feel are the contingent worker’s strengths? Peter [takes] everything in. He is a processor. He is great with follow up and showing management action items. He takes information and presents action items – “manages up.” Peter thinks outside the box. Great communication. He is very straight forward – it comes from his consulting background.
- What type of environment do you feel this contingent worker works best in? This was a start-up environment where there were grey areas in job roles. You had to be flexible and willing to take on whatever was asked of you. Peter was an additional hire, sharp but Vatche didn’t know what Peter’s responsibilities would be. They were trying to get a CRM tool – Peter took on the task of looking into CRM tools and what would best meet the needs of the company. From a technical standpoint Peter was able to take an open source CRM tools and integrate it on his own. Vatche was very impressed! Without having the previous experience with the companies tools Peter was able to look everything up, install it, and train others on it.
- Would you rehire this contingent worker? Absolutely
Recruiter feedback provided by: Vatche Chamlian, IT Director, Joe Green Home Solutions
- In what capacity did you know this contingent worker? Peter did contract work on a web project for Aaron. Setting up ecommerce [website – design and development], setting up a mail account to catch leads, etc.
- How long have you known this contingent worker? 6-7 months
- What do you feel are the contingent worker’s strengths? Works hard, good guy, sharp, thinks outside the box, very analytical, detail oriented
- Would you rehire this contingent worker? Yes, he does a lot of [continued] retention/maintenance work for Aaron.
Recruiter feedback provided by: Aaron Connell, Founder/Owner, Proof of Concept LLC